How to Sell Lap Dances and Champagne Rooms Part 3: Weeding Out the Time Wasters
Oct 1 2011
So many dancers have come to me and asked, “How do I know that a customer wants to spend money on me and how long do I need to sit there before I know when to ask the closing question?” There are Five Ways To Tell If Your Client Is Interested In Spending Money On You:
1. Is he asking you personal questions? If he takes an interest in you in this way, then he will probably venture forth for more in the Champagne or VIP Room. At least he will buy a few dances. He may ask you questions about your life, likes,
dislikes, goals, and other jobs you may have had.
2. Is his body language friendly? You want your client to be looking straight at you, leaning towards you, etc. Once you initiate touching his arm or something, and then he takes the hint and puts his arm around you without being vulgar or “handsy,” this is a good sign.
3. Is he asking you about dances or VIP? This means that he is curious about your
particular club’s policies and possibly spending money on you.
4. Is he asking you about cost? This is a definite sign that he is interested. You want to avoid just coming out and telling him though. Sit him down, sit on his lap, and give him extra attention and talk to him with your sexy voice. This will make it extremely hard for him to resist!
I would suggest mentioning your most expensive service first (usually one hour in VIP), and then if he thinks it is too much, say, “You know, I don’t usually do this, but for you I am willing to offer you a half hour for $200 (or whatever the maximum price is).” I have been very successful with this approach. Some dancers just immediately offer a dance for $20 or will cut a deal right off the bat, but they are losing out on hundreds of possible dollars. If he doesn’t go for any of this, then you should at least get a dance out of him.
5. How does he respond to your conversation? Most of my successful clients and regulars will respond with either excitement or a mellow look of genuine, deep rooted concern for whatever it is that I am talking about. Are they engaged? Do they compliment you? Are they impressed by you?
I’ll be honest; most men have a stereotyped notion that most dancers, and beautiful women in general, are dumb! So when you speak intelligently to your higher-end clientele, you will kill that stereotype in a most pleasant manner, and wow them! They will see you as valuable – as more of an equal – and thus have a much higher level of respect for you. Then they will be willing to give you complete control and make decisions for them, because they are so tired of doing this in their daily lives.
On the other hand, rural, lower-end, less educated people will be intimidated by an intelligent woman. I find that acting dumb is a much better strategy with these clients. These men want to feel they have power over you, so you’ll let them think this. All the while you will be carefully and expertly holding the reins of power over them! It’s a win-win!
I hope that this information gives you a brighter perspective about exotic dancing and the gentlemen’s club industry. Be sure to make comments on the blog below and tell me if you agree, disagree, or have ideas about other misconceptions the industry has. Maybe you have a riveting story to tell. I would love to feature your story so write your thoughts on the blog below and I will personally answer you as soon as I can! This is Jennifer with how-to-strip.com wishing you the best of success.